cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hammock Hangers - anyone from Indiana want to camp?

Just getting to this hammock camping and really enjoying it!  Looking for fellow hikers and backcountry campers that enjoy hammock hanging!  Would anyone be interested in meeting up at Starbucks getting to know each other and then plan some trips!  Tent campers welcome as well!

Doing a solo hike and overnight camping down at Charles Deam Wilderness area 5/7.

3 Replies

Hi @clarusmoof - Thanks for reaching out! 

What city are you in in Indiana? That may help narrow down people who are looking to meetup and discuss potential camping plans.

Here in the community you are in good company being a hammock camper. There have been lots of educational and fun conversations on the subject. One that sticks out is the To Bridge or Not to Bridge? thread — if you're keen to share, it'd be fun to hear which "team" you're on!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@clarusmoof I'm in Southern Indiana (Bloomington) and happy to get together sometime.  I'll warn you, though, I'm currently clawing my way back to health after a bilateral knee injury, so I'm a very slow mover.

0 Likes

OUCH ... hope your healing well!  Not to worry Hedge as I'm not a speedster and getting back into shape!  Last two attempts at Charles Deam have been washouts due to all sites being taken and being it was dark wasn't comfortable doing dispersed camping.

Just let me know when you might be up for a weekend hike & camp!

0 Likes