cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Where have you skied?

Ok, screw on the rememberer. List where you have skied by state. Only requirement is that you slid downhill with gear, falling in the parking lot doesnt count.

Washington; Baker (Home hill when I lived out there), Snoqualmie, Stevens,

Oregon; Mt hood, Bachelor (went when there was little snow in OR 1990?, tore my knee open on volcanic rock)

California; Squaw Valley

Vermont; Killington, Pico, Okemo

New York; Peak n Peek, ... Something...

Pennsylvania; Blue Knob (current home hill), Hidden valley, Big Boulder, Jack Frost, Shawnee, Montage, Elk Mountain (starter home hill)

I know I am missing something.. But, have at it

23 Replies

Somehow, I managed to leave off my backyard Utah ski mountain, Beaver Mountain. That said...it sucks, and nobody should come here (cough cough).

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

California: Mammoth, Big Bear, Mt. High, June Mountain, Snow Summit

Colorado: Eldora, Loveland, Winter Park, Steamboat Springs, Rocky Mountain NP (backcountry), Cameron Pass (backcountry)

Utah: Park City

Oregon: Mt. Bachelor

B.C.: Whistler

Maine: Lost Valley, Pleasant Mountain aka Shawnee Peak, and Sunday River.

Vermont: Suicide Six and Sonnenberg (long time ago, late 80s/early 90s). Killington is on bucketlist.

New York: not skiing (due to rain) but made a bobsled run at the Winter Olympic site - Lake Placid.

Japan: Sapporo Teine (Highland Ski Center), Sapporo, Hokkaido

Pennsylvania: Ski Roundtop

Arizona: Snowbowl

- Fun Vacation rental nearby: https://lovelyandlimitless.com/2020/10/15/flagstaff-glamping-cabin-rental-arizona/

Arizona: Mount Lemmon

Arizona: Sunrise Ski Resort

Colorado: Purgatory Resort

Colorado: Telluride Ski Resort 

California: Big Bear Mountian 

- Fun Vacation rental nearby: https://lovelyandlimitless.com/2018/04/27/stay-big-bear-california-a-frame-cabin/