cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Toddler snowshoe style help...

I have a small 2.5 year old. He’s small but mighty... at 34” and 24lbs. 
mill take any advice but mostly... do I want the flat snowshoes for him or the ones that rotate as you step? 

I want an inexpensive option but plan to use them multiple times over multiple winters... easy terrain. We will be doing outdoor learning/homeschooling/nature exploring/picnics. 

leaning toward the tubbs kids’ snowflake but also considering the msr tyker (and anything else you recommend). 

THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes
1 Reply

@HaveKidsWillTravel Hello there again!

Personally, my kids have used the MSR Tyker snowshoe to great success (as much 'success' as one can achieve when you're a little person walking through the snow ;-). I found them to be the easiest snowshoe to get on and off, and they're made in the same style as the MSR Denali snowshoe, which has been a mainstay for winter adventurers for many years.

I'd like to connect you to @sarahbobera, who is also thinking about how to get her kiddo out on some winter adventures. She recently posted: How to help my kiddo become a winter tot?  You two might be able to share some info and brainstorm ideas for getting those wiggles out this winter!

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.