cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Splitboard Advice

Hi I'm looking for a full splitboard setup (everything but the boots). 

I'm a 5'10" woman. I weigh 135 lbs. I wear a size Women's 11. I ride a Man's 157 cm. freestyle board. I like a more flexible board. What do you suggest?

1 Reply

Re: Splitboard Advice

Hi @Hbernhardt! Thanks for the great question!

What board you decide on will depend a lot on what kind of terrain you're looking to access by touring. You mentioned liking a more flexible board- do you typically head out to chase soft snow and natural terrain features? Or are you more of a 'go anywhere and ride everything' kind of snowboarder?

At least one board option comes to mind based on what you described:

The Jones Frontier is a more directional, but very flexible freestyle board that can play anywhere on the mountain.

Because there are so many options for boot/binding/puck combinations, I want to recommend reaching out to our Virtual Outfitting team. We'll pair you up 1-on-1 with a splitboard expert to show you all the options available and guide you through fit and compatibility in real time, from the comfort of your home!

Here's the link:

https://www.rei.com/outfitting/scheduler 

Thanks for reaching out to us! Enjoy your turns!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes