cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Snowboarding boot recommendations for wide feet

Looking for brand recommendations for snow boarding boots for a teenage son with a wide foot. We’ve done rentals a couple of years to try different brands but his boots always end up uncomfortable. I don’t think he’s getting a good fit. @wideboots

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies

I would recommend 32 boots.  They have a really wide fit.  They also are heat mold able and can customized very quickly to fit feet.  My recommendation is to go to a trained boot fitter (REI, or private shop) and have them fit your son.  They can do the heat molding and find a boot that fits him and the budget.  I always am willing to get new boots over any other equipment.  Save on a used board and bindings, but new good fitting boots!  I have a high arch and wide foot, so getting a comfortable fit is everything.  

0 Likes

The K2 Maysis Wide work great for those who need a wide toe box but have skinny ankles. They are heat moldable, and if even greater forefoot space is needed, you can re-string the BOA to skip the toe box entirely. Add a pair of Game Changers by Footprint Insole Technology for the ultimate custom fit.

0 Likes