cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

recommendations for lightweight daypack with ski slots?

Frustrated searching the website for this: looking for a lightweight daypack with ski slots or straps to carry light touring skis on my back, while walking across town to ski trails.  Thanks in advance for tips!

0 Likes
5 Replies

Hi @mar2rafn - Thanks for reaching out! We carry are some great options for lightweight packs that can carry skis. The following packs will work nicely around town, as well as if you need a lightweight pack to take uphill:

It looks like the inventory is low on the Soelden series, so if that one seems like what you are looking for, we suggest acting quickly. Let us know if you'd like any more suggestions and we'd be happy to help! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@mar2rafn  depending on the weight of the skis and the distance you have to travel, you could just use voile ski straps to attach your skis to any backpack that has a couple of loops. If they are classic Nordic skis, voile straps and the rei flash backpack with its webbing running down the entire back of the pack would be a viable cheap solution. 

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions - looking at the webbing on my NorthFace Vault, might work with some straps.  Also found https://function-snow.com/product/02-ultralight-ski-carry-system/ neat looking product.

0 Likes

just for grins

con64.jpg09 13Jan90.jpgwhen it's getting dark and there's ice on the trailwhen it's getting dark and there's ice on the trail

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

I have personally been a fan of Powderhound 12 Hydration Pack from Camelbak, but this is a bare bones daypack.  I wouldn't take it if I needed much more than water, lunch, and skis.  You can still fit a spare pare of goggles, thin shell, and some extra gloves in there, but it gets tight!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes