cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

Partner(s) for easy 2-nighter Tioga Road (west gate) ski & camp once Yosemite re-opens to overnight

Hi, my normal ski/hike/climb partner is recovering from knee surgery, so looking for someone COVID-safe to skin up Tioga road and camp once Yosemite reopens to overnight use.

• Me: done this lots - usually skin up Tioga road after work, pound out a camp at Gin Flat (@ 3 miles), then skin/ski with daypack next day; usually head out day after that, but I'm open to other timings, too. I'm not in peak shape, but this is as much to get outdoors.  Have Mountaineering first aid, avalanche training, etc.  Like to explore, but also like to get back to camp for Happy Hour in the sun.  I flop around a bit while sleeping, so separate tents may be preferred, especially with COVID times. I'm already fully COVID vaccinated (but we all still need to be COVID safe).
  • You: some snow-camping experience (have gear, and understand constant water-making), and skinning experience, comfortable skiing variable backcountry conditions.  Self-sufficient, you can head farther up road on Day 2 if you want to crank out miles, but would prefer radio contact if we split up.  (I can provide tiny Motorolas).

Would like to go in a good weather window, no need to brave a storm.

Cheers,

Frank (he/him/his)

Labels (2)
0 Replies