cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Need an opinion on Dynafit touring boots.

Hello,

(I am continuing exploring the universe of the AT gear so please bear with me).

I am currently using the Scarpa Maestrale RS boot as an all-around option, and so far it performed well, except in the scenario of long travel, especially in the rolling terrain (surprisingly, they do better during the climb than on near-flats) where it feels a bit stiff and and I found it challenging to keep up with folks in light/rando boots.  

I have tried a number of options but somehow overlooked all Dynafit boots. Specifically I curious about TLT series, e.g., TLT7 performance and TLT8 Carbonio (Dynafit nixed Performance version this season). From what I learned from reading reviews is that these boots have perhaps enough room to accommodate feet with high arch, and that their liner is just a bit more than a sock. I saw somebody using a Dynafit boot shell with Intuition liner in it, and I think that this is an overall a good idea but wondering how much space it will take from the boot. 

So, the question is, how does Scarpa compares to Dynafit in volume, and fit, and how much I will lose in stiffness if I switch to either of the mentioned Dynafit boots. 

Another option for the light boot that I am considering is Salomon X-Alp S/Lab. In general, Salomon boots fit my foot the best but I am cautious about lateral flex of the latter Salomon boot in the walk mode which I think may impact the boot reliability in the ski mode. Has anybody skied these? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Need an opinion on Dynafit touring boots.

I am so jealous, wish I could do this, this is great winter mountaineering.

I have nothing to add, wish I did, good luck, PLEASE POST PICTURES!

But..I do have some old pix from when I used to have a life...

konkordia platzkonkordia platzCON28.jpgbase of ladder to konkordia huttebase of ladder to konkordia huttehollandia huttehollandia huttecon62.jpgarriving little hamlet of Gletscherstafelarriving little hamlet of Gletscherstafelcon66.jpghollandia hutte, too tired to bend overhollandia hutte, too tired to bend over

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes