cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: looking for snow shoes that are easy to adjust

A number of years ago we purchased snowshoes from you and have loved them.  We are now 70 years old  and find that back strap harder and harder for us to get hooked and tight.  We are looking for snowshoes that might be easier to adjust.   How are those TSL Ultra Elite?  My hand grip is not what it used to be and my husband has more difficultybending down and back to hook up.  We will not give upour hiking or snowshoeing so any help is appreciated.  Thanks. 

Barb Pridie

Ivins, Utah 

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hi @bpridie ! We are so happy you loved your snowshoes and are continuing your hiking and snowshoeing adventures!

Thankfully, you are not alone in wanting snowshoes that are easier to adjust, so many companies are starting to integrate bindings that are sturdy yet easy. Before I recommend a couple, I just want to "warn" you that snowshoes are a hot commodity right now, so there is a chance that some of these options may sell out before you get around to ordering it. If that's the case, keep your eyes peeled because we are trying as hard as we can to keep up with demand.

I don't see a TSL Ultra Elite option, but there is the TSL Highlander Elite which has a nice and easy-to-use ratchet system to lock your heel in. That would definitely be an easy system to adjust, but I would even recommend looking into the TSL Highlander Adjust Snowshoes which features the same ratchet system around the heel, but including a much easier to adjust system on the balls of your feet. It utilizes the Boa quick lacing system, which is very easy to adjust with limited dexterity and/or gloved or mittened hands! The TSL snowshoes take a little bit of adjusting to get the perfect fit at first, since there are some customizable adjustments, so I would recommend doing that at home before you get to the trailhead.

I would also normally recommend looking into the MSR Revo Explore Snowshoes but unfortunately it looks like those just sold out! If you are looking to buy quickly, I would take a look at those TSL options. Those would be great snowshoes for you and your husband, and would be perfect for the terrain in your neck of the woods.

Hope that helps! Enjoy your adventures!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.