cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for a Complete Cross Country Ski Package

I would like to replace my JAVINEN (the BEST combo skis) with a complete package (ski, bindings, boots and poles).
I am a recreational skier and need a ski that will perform well on both groomed and non-groomed trails.
I would like the proper ski for my size and weight and will be willing to wait until the ski is in stock.
I am 60 plus, 120 lbs and 5'7"
What would you advise with high ratings?
Thank you kindly!
Cindy Brausen

0 Likes
1 Reply

@CindyBrausen Thanks for reaching out!

We're hoping that you're planning on hanging on to your Jarvinen skis as they would probably look awesome displayed somewhere! We'd love to see a photo of them here in the community if you're willing to share.

We will include a couple of options for a full ski set up for you, however, we would recommend spending time getting properly fitted at your local REI store or scheduling a virtual outfitting appointment to speak with an expert and make sure you fit is correct for the skiing you would like to do.

Here are a couple of package options to consider:

We grouped these two as branded packages but you could certainly swap any parts you would like depending on your preferences. In terms of pole length, you want a pole that is shoulder height (or approximately .84 times your height in cm), which, in your case, would be right around 142 cm.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes