cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Cross country ski boots for women

I'm looking for something to replace my old, well loved Madshus Glittertind nnn bc boots. I've tried Rossi BC X6. They're comfortable for my little duck feet but I don't like they way they ski -- the sole is thicker and stiffer/less sensitive and I feel off-balance. I lose some finer control from my foot and ankle.

I often ski the groomed trails to get to the fresh stuff, so I'm looking for a magical light boot that kicks and glides but is sturdy enough to get out of the good trouble I get into. 

It seems REI has stopped selling nnn bc boots for women? Or at least in the Alpina Alaska and Madshus Glittertind. Now where do I turn to try on boots for my 38-39 EU, wide-toed, narrow-heeled, high-arched feet? 

0 Likes
1 Reply

@hikbikski Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry you're having these challenges finding boots that will fit. While it does look like we currently carry both the Alpina Alaska BC Cross Country ski boots and the Madshus Glittertind BC Cross Country ski boots, it does not look like we carry your size. Both of those boots are part of our special order program, which is an agreement we have with vendors to order products outside of our normal assortment. Special orders are only able to be processed in store and are subject to vendor availability. If you'd like to order one of those two boots, you need to visit your local REI Store to start the process. 

Since the Rossignol BC X6 fit okay, you may want to take a look at the Rossignol X5 OT FW cross country ski boots, which are designed to cross over from groomed to backcountry. You may find them to be less rigid than the BC X6.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes