cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: best narrow width cross country ski boot?

I am looking for a men's boot for my metal edge touring skis with NNN BC bindings. I wear an 11.5 B. I'm considering the Alpina Alaska BC boot.  Will these boots fit my narrow foot or is there another brand with a comparable boot that is better suited for narrow feet? I know I can always try a thicker foot bed but that has not always worked well in the past. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
4 Replies

imo, you're probably best off going into the store and trying them on.

the alternative is to order a couple of versions and send back the ones you don't like.

good luck

doing some telemarking with a backpack on?

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I don't have an REI in my town so I mainly want to know of one brand tends to run narrower than others. What I have found in boots is that most companies have the medium widths but some are wider than others. I have not been able to find any cross country boots in a narrow width.

0 Likes

Madshus tend to be wider than Fischer, Rosi, or Salomon in my experience, but this is in the NNN versions, not NNN BC.  I normal order several and send back the ones that don't work.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

@garan 

Thanks for reaching out!

The Alpina Alaska BC Cross Country Ski boots may be a great choice. In my experience, Alpina boots tend to work better for a lower volume foot, whereas Madshus and Rossignol tend to fit higher volume feet a little bit better. Since you don't live close to an REI store, we highly recommend scheduling a virtual outfitting appointment with one of our expert boot fitters. They can talk you through some options and make some suggestions based on talking with you about your needs.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes