cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

A Tip for Skiing with an iPhone

One thing I noticed this past weekend on the slopes, if you are using iPhone and have driving focus setup, disable it before heading out.  It thought I was driving when I was going down the runs and on some of the high speed lifts, so it silenced my phone and I missed some calls I should have taken.  I am guessing the same thing happens to anyone who bikes with a phone too. 

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
Labels (2)
3 Replies

Excellent tip, thanks.

Plus you've given me a great excuse for ignoring calls I don't want! "Oh yeah, sorry about that, I was walking between buildings and my phone thought I was in the car and moving so it silenced your call"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

@Dad_Aint_Hip I've never had it turn on for walking or even running, but that would be a clever excuse😀  Not that I want to answer the phone when out, but sometimes I should.

@Diesseldorf - I've never tested it in real life and I am pretty sure it won't actually turn on but that won't stop me from using it as an excuse! 🤣🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)