cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Little known South Hill Puyallup area MTB trails

For those living in the South Hill Puyallup area there is an amazing public access area called the Reservoir (McMillan Reservoir is the proper name but I have heard it referred to colloquially as the Puyallup Reservoir for years) with some fabulous double track and some single track-ish bikeable, hikeable, dog walkable forested trails amidst dense Douglas Fir and Big Leaf Maple mature forest.  Its really lovely and not crowded (I rarely see anyone).  It  took me years to discover and  so I wanted to share.  It is accessible off Reservoir Road and Military Rd E and also a number of neighborhood access points although the large ‘trailhead parking’ area is at the place just mentioned but its kinda hard to get to the good section of trail from here. There us also easy parking and better ‘good section of trail’ access at the junction of 134th Ave E/144th Street East, which is in a neighborhood but has plenty of curbside parking where the trail meets the road.  Happy exploring! 

92866462-96F8-4B37-BB93-EA423412B72E.jpeg

D853BF9B-B277-4410-99CD-8DB83F831717.jpeg

58ABDB17-C2F5-4F13-BFFB-9756B91D03F2.jpeg

1 Reply

@Artemesia 

This is great! We moved to the area (Bonney Lake) last year and we've been on the lookout for local trails to get the dogs and kiddos out on. We'll definitely check this one out soon. Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.