cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Employee compliment

Since today was a Saturday, it was too busy to try to ask in store, but how do I compliment a super helpful employee?  I forgot his name (sorry I should have written it down), but at the Bellevue, Washington location... the guy that is the sock guy is incredibly helpful!  I have been struggling with blisters and cold toes and was so confused.  He explained a ton of stuff responding to my questions, went to the back to pull out examples, etc... and did so very quickly and efficiently!  All of your employees are amazing, but he was extra amazing.

3 Replies

It's so easy to complain and seems so rare to see someone volunteer good news like this.  Kudos to thr REI employee and to REI for being awesome but also kudos to @Elle777  for being an awesome person.  Stuff like thisx just folks being good people for the sake of being good people, absolutely makes my day.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Hi @Elle777 - This is so amazing to hear! Like @nathanu said, it makes our day to see feedback like this. Thank you so much for taking the time to share it with us. We will be sure to pass your note along to the Bellevue store team. 

Sending you warm wishes in today's cold Bellevue weather! Thanks again. 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

I also want to extend my thanks to REI. I was in our local (Cleveland) REI Sunday, Dec. 19 looking for a specific gift for my daughter. The store was swamped and the item in question was sold out. However, an employee found there was stock in the warehouse. The employee advised me to order it ASAP, with the warning that it probably wouldn’t reach my house until after Christmas. It arrived Tuesday, Dec.21st. AllI can say is wow, and thank you!