cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Canyoneering in San Diego County

I am an avid ice climber during the winter but during the summer my husband & I seek out canyoneering adventures. We canyoneer occasionally in Zion and mostly in the San Gabriel Mountains. Does anyone know if there is canyoneering in San Diego County?

0 Likes
1 Reply

The San Diego Natural History Museum always does.  Recommending Attending early spring, mid-autumn "Canyoneer" activity (hike/presentaion) for AzBSP, with query for volunteer/docent and St.Pk service regarding Anza Borrego and Borrego Badlands region.  As implied, if I were a visitor, I would no less than use their calendar as guidance for where/when seasonally.  Other, localized canyon activity can be better found closer (sometimes that is "closer in mind", like an obscure publicly accessible private library) to the canyon you near.  There are also river valleys and marine and estuarine canyons. You might also look toward snorkeling and s.c.u.b.a .  all activities have dangers in their own rite.

*Please remember pretty much all of southern California is diverse, sensitive, and endangered habitats*

0 Likes