cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Running With Your Dog(s)

It's time for us to upgrade our leash and I've been considering a "waist worn" style. Thoughts?
At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
2 Replies

Hi @REI-AllieR, I use and really like the Ruffwear Roamer Leash with my dog.  It gives her enough space to run in front of me and feels secure around my waist.  The best part is it allows me to run "hands free"...which I find essential in trail running for my balance!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

I run with a waist belt leash and it has been a game changer.  When I was running a lot with a hand-held leash, I found that my gate was just a little lopsided and I was starting to get a sore in ways that didn't happen if I was not running with my dog.  I've never had that problem with the waist leash.  

The one that I have (by TuffMutt) has a small handle near where it clips to the waist part, which I really like because my dog is not perfect and squirrels etc. are a challenge.  It's easy for me to grab it quickly without having to reach down to the handle down by where the leash clips to the dog.  

0 Likes