cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Running Watch Suggestions

Hello Coop Community!

I'm getting into running and have aspirations to do ultras. I recently got the Forerunner 245 Music, but it feels more feature rich than I need. Also I don't plan to use Spotify, so I'm considering downgrading to the 245 without music (or even a 45 or 55). Does anyone find the Wifi connectivity feature useful? Are there any other metrics that make the 245 worth keeping?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies

@Mkokinakes - I have a Foreunner 245 and love it. Tracks everything I need, VO2 Max, pulse ox, running, kayaking, riding, yoga, strength training and more. With Garmin Connect, it tracks among other things, sleep, steps, respiration, and a body battery that tells me my estimated energy level. And it syncs my workouts to Strava. I think it is a fantastic running smartwatch. Good luck!

0 Likes

If you can return for full-price, I would go down to the regular 245 if you don't use the music feature. Otherwise, it's important to ask yourself waht you want in a watch. 

Do you like to know the advanced fitness vitals or do you just care about tracking runs/activities (i.e miles and time elapsed)? I have the 645M and wish I had the 245 because the 645 is the red-headed step-child in the Forerunner line-up, and the 245 seems like the perfect running watch. 

0 Likes