cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Running shoes to avoid plantar fasciitis

Any recommendations for running shoes to help avoid plantar fasciitis?  I have been running in Brooks Adrenaline for years now. Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi @Oregon_Theriot ! Great question! How have your Brooks Adrenaline been treating you? Enough cushion, not enough? What do you like about them?

Typically with plantar fasciitis, you want a shoe that has maximum cushion. The most popular brand that has great support, stability and cushion is Hoka One One and to be specific to a style: Hoka One One Bondi

But really any running shoe that has maximum cushion like these options:  Maximum Cushion Running Shoes

Then, it's going to come down to fit (this includes drop, support needed...etc). If you are able to, visit your closest REI, where employees will walk you through your options and you can try on and find your perfect match. If visiting a store isn't an option, we do have virtual outfitting: https://www.rei.com/outfitting 

Lastly, if you want to read up on how to find your perfect running shoes before heading to the store or scheduling your virtual outfitting: Check this out: How to Choose Running Shoes

I hope this gets you started to the path of finding the perfect running shoes for your feet! Happy Running! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Hey @Oregon_Theriot ! You got some good advice from @REI-JennyA  but I wanted to share some insight as I have dealt with Plantar Fasciitis as well. Because we are not medical professionals, we always recommend consulting a doctor about issues regarding your health. While cushioning shoes can definitely help, what I have found to give me the most long-term relief is good supportive insoles; I wear them in pretty much all of my shoes now! I like the Green Superfeet since I have high arches, but if you are close to an REI store you can go in and have them help you determine which pair would be the best for you. I also suggest considering a massage ball for your feet and some supportive shoes to wear around the house while your feet recover. I hope that they are on the mend quickly, happy running!
At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.