cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Music While Running?

Do you prefer to listen to music (or podcasts?!) while running?  If so, what is your go-to music or podcast genre to get you in the groove? 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
21 Replies

Music and running is a must for me! I love listening to House music DJ sets on sound cloud! Happy running!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

If I've got the energy, I'm listening to Podcast (mostly social science-based shows) but if not EDM to get me pumped. Also, I tend to prefer music when I'm trail running and pods while I'm on the pavement.

I too feel the need for music when running.  I have tried it without and usually it shows in both times, and stoke.  I'm a bit of a nerd, but I LOVE listeing to Musical Numbers while running (Hamilton anyone?).

0 Likes

Podcasts are the way to go! I often listen to podcasts or audible while running as a way to feel doubley productive. My go too's are usally true crime or current events, or really anything that will keep my mind going. 

I listen to music with 180 bpm. I find I do best if my stride is about 180 steps per minute, so this helps me keep pace! Something that will motivate you, but alos kind of put you in a sort of trance, whatever that is for you.

I use the “Zombies Run” app and I usually play a spooky goth/dance station in the background. Try it if you haven’t. Highly recommend

- I'm the best at being me when I'm outside

Check out Podrunner They have all kinds of mixes at different bpm. It's considered a "podcast" so can be subscribed to via Apple Music, Google Play Music, etc.

Music while running is a must. I have learned that running with higher BPM songs can motivate me to keep up a pace. I have been using the Peloton app to utilize the run workouts and those are my new favorite, because the playlist are new and geared for the specific workout!

Podcasts all the way! I prefer comedy while running. I'm currently hooked on Adulting with Michelle Buteau and Jordan Carlos, and Best Friends with Nicole Byer and Sasheer Zamata.