cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Portland area bike trails for preschoolers

My guy loves the local pump park. He turned 3 last month, he’s a tiny guy for his age (3-5th percentile). A few days ago he hopped on his balance bike and road 2.5 miles on our city sidewalks/streets/trails to Jersey Mikes. Lol 

He takes every chance to go over a curb, down a landscaped hill, through the grass, puddles.... he LOVES the local pump park. 

Where can I take him? 

I’m not sure where to start googling to find pint-sized trails to challenge him. 

I’m also open to classes/club type things... does this exist? 

CB419C10-7614-44CB-A2B6-D8630A991822.jpeg

9007ECE3-EB85-40EE-AE53-CE7124D3192C.jpeg

11 Replies

I only just have one more thing to add for looking for that next pedal bike. I have a suspicion that maybe you already know about it given your current bikes, but twowheelingtots.com has a great index of reviews of ALL the kids bikes and brands. Even if you do already know, then for anyone who happens to stumble across this thread.

They've got a nice bike park list too at https://www.twowheelingtots.com/kid-friendly-bike-park-pump-track-directory/ but looks like most of the Portland ones already got covered here. Plenty over in Bend if you fancy a little road day-trip!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

YES!!! 
Fantastic resource!! No one should buy a children’s bike without at least a quick swipe through their website. 

I’m thinking I’m going to make a list of all options within a reasonable distance of our home (Beaverton, OR) and just... DO THEM ALL!! 

Of course, I’ll have to report back. 😂🥰

Join the community
Other boards in this category