cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Portland area bike trails for preschoolers

My guy loves the local pump park. He turned 3 last month, he’s a tiny guy for his age (3-5th percentile). A few days ago he hopped on his balance bike and road 2.5 miles on our city sidewalks/streets/trails to Jersey Mikes. Lol 

He takes every chance to go over a curb, down a landscaped hill, through the grass, puddles.... he LOVES the local pump park. 

Where can I take him? 

I’m not sure where to start googling to find pint-sized trails to challenge him. 

I’m also open to classes/club type things... does this exist? 

CB419C10-7614-44CB-A2B6-D8630A991822.jpeg

9007ECE3-EB85-40EE-AE53-CE7124D3192C.jpeg

11 Replies

I only just have one more thing to add for looking for that next pedal bike. I have a suspicion that maybe you already know about it given your current bikes, but twowheelingtots.com has a great index of reviews of ALL the kids bikes and brands. Even if you do already know, then for anyone who happens to stumble across this thread.

They've got a nice bike park list too at https://www.twowheelingtots.com/kid-friendly-bike-park-pump-track-directory/ but looks like most of the Portland ones already got covered here. Plenty over in Bend if you fancy a little road day-trip!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

YES!!! 
Fantastic resource!! No one should buy a children’s bike without at least a quick swipe through their website. 

I’m thinking I’m going to make a list of all options within a reasonable distance of our home (Beaverton, OR) and just... DO THEM ALL!! 

Of course, I’ll have to report back. 😂🥰

Join the community
Other boards in this category