cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: How To Report Littering In Arizona

Hi friends!

We can all agree littering can be a problem in Arizona. Here's a cool way from "Don't Trash Arizona" to report littering in our communities. 

If you see someone littering from their vehicle, visit this website: https://litter.az.gov/

What you'll need:

• License plate number
  • Cross streets where littering occurred
  • City where littering occurred
  • Type of trash

If I'm driving, I like to ask Siri to make a note and list these things in order to report later on. 

What happens next:

• A note is sent to the address of registered to the driver (via license plate number) to remind them that littering is a crime, punishable by fine.
  • The guilty party is also sent a small trash bag to keep in their car to use next time, instead of trashing our state.

It's a light nudge to remind folks that others are watching, and provides a solution for the next time they need to dispose of their car trash. 😉

3 Replies

@AZAndy - Wow! That’s such good information.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share these details with the community!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Just curious, does that work with cigarette butts? While I don’t smoke, I can’t stand people that will toss out a cigarette butt with the embers still burning. What if there was some kind of flammable chemical on the road that nobody has noticed? That seems like a fire ready to happen, and one that can’t be controlled quickly.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Hey Cdawley4,

Yes! I feel the same way. Most of the time, that's what I'm reporting is cigarette butts in particular. I'm pretty sure you can report just about anything. 

Join the community
Other boards in this category