cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Honest REI guide

Today was one of the best days of my life! I found what I've lost and I have gained a new friend! My husband lost his camera in Superstition Wilderness a week ago. We didn't have any internet or phone access until we got to a hotel at the end of our backpacking trip but it was already nighttime and we had to go back to snowy Chicago the day after. Searched in FB about lost and found posts but discovered nothing, so all I did was pray. Finally, got in touch with Tonto National Forest Supervisor's Office today and reported what we have lost. In less than 5 minutes, Michelle from the Supervisor's Office called me back and gave me the phone number of the person who may have the camera. Whitney S. from REI Adventures found the camera by the Second Water Trail creek and notified the park ranger's office. I talked to her today and she’s sending me back the camera tomorrow. I commend Whitney S. for being an honest person and an exemplary employee of REI Adventures. I hope her supervisor will be able to read this post and give her due honor.

4 Replies

Honest REI guide

@vpearl thanks so much for looping back to share this story with us! We will ensure that both Whitney and her supervisor see your kind words!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Honest REI guide

Thank you for acknowledging my post! I do wish that Whitney gets commended for her good act.

Honest REI guide

@vpearl we sent your message along to Whitney and her supervisor and she was thrilled to hear from you - thanks again for posting!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Honest REI guide

Glad you got reconnected with the camera. Pretty sure there was a post in FB's Hiking Arizona group. Looks like y'all had a lot of amazing pictures on there! I never got closure on Facebook so I'm glad I saw this 😂

Join the community
Other boards in this category