cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

PCT through hiker from Europe looking for help with gear completation

Good Day

I arrive in San Diego on the 11th of May and start the PCT on 13th of March. I still need some gear that I would like to buy at a REI store in San Diego on the 12th.

I am looking for an appointment but it looks like they can only be booked 4 days in advance.

How can I make sure I have some assistance on the 12th?

Thank you 

Werni

0 Likes
3 Replies

I have always received assistance when shopping at various REI stores.  I have never made an appointment and I don't think one is necessary.

But if you wish, 96 hours should be plenty of advance time. What exactly do you wish to purchase?

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Thank you

- Rain protection

- Stove and Mug

- Hoodie

- Sawyer Squeeze

- Sun protection option for bold people

- Blister protection

And of course some great advice's are always welcome. I think I will start off and might change gear if needed at some stores along the way.  

0 Likes

@wanderwerni what an awesome adventure! A few tidbits:

• You don't need an appointment to get help picking up the items you need before you start your hike - our employees are ready to help at any time the store is open!
  • You should be able to book an appointment up to 3 weeks prior to your arrival in San Diego; so you could check on/after April 24th for availability on May 12th

Good luck, and hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.