cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

LGBTQ+ Inclusion / Empowerment in the Outdoors Industry

Hello there 🙂

I'm a graduate student studying Experience Design and am doing an independent study on LGBTQ+ Inclusion / Empowerment in the Outdoors Industry. 

If you identify as LGBTQ+, I would love to have an individual chat or open conversation here about your experience with Outdoor Adventure: How you got involved, what you love about it, any challenges that you've come across, your thoughts on industry representation and inclusion, and any other insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
1 Reply

Good Morning erchst,

May I be the first to welcome you to the REI Conversations Community, as a member and client since 1984.

I cherish my experiences in The Great Outdoors, whereas it welcomes my presence into its diverse paradise, as a temporary visitor during my short stay on this planet.

I respect the complexity of The Great Outdoors’ existence and attempt in every way possible, to leave no trace of my transient visit.

Nor do I hold any bias against any other visitors in The Great Outdoors, REI’s Conversations blog, or REI’s brick and mortar and online stores, regardless of their gender, race, creed, religion, age, or sexual orientation.

During my visits to REI Stores in WA and AZ, REI’s Online Shopping Customer Service, or on the REI Conversations blog, I am consistently graciously welcomed as an REI Client and Community Member, treated with the upmost respect as an individual, of which I appreciate very much.

I am a also considered a minority in today’s domestic alphabet culture and news cycle…a Senior Citizen.

We are all of the same species, though individually unique.

Welcome to our world of minorities, within the collective whole, trying to figure life out, surviving one day at a time, and to get along with others of our species.

Marc Lewis Boykin
He/Him/His