cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are currently experiencing issues with logging in and staying logged in, most often with Chrome, We're sorry and are working hard on resolution.
Highlighted

Favorite Gear for Adventure Pets!

What is the gear that you and your fur babies can't live without in the outdoors?

My two favorite pieces are:

• Ruffwear Roamer Dog Leash:  I love to run with my pups, but I like to have my hands free.  This leash is pretty awesome because you have the option to wear it around your waist.  This leash also has a portion with stretch webbing, so it's a bit more forgiving if your dog decides to veer off course and chase a squirrel or stop and smell the flowers.  My dogs are pretty big (and not always the best behaved) and this leash has given me no trouble as I tire both of us out running!
  • Ruffwear Dirt Bag Seat Cover:  I've had a couple of different covers for the back seat of my car, but this one is by far the best and most durable.  It converts into a puppy hammock, especially comfy for long car rides.  It also washes well when the pups track mud back into the car after a long day playing outside.  I highly recommend it!

And no, this post is not brought to you by Ruffwear.  But it is brought to you by Sam and Maddie 🙂

Share your must-have outdoor gear for your Adventure Pets!!

Adventure Sam.pngMaddie Santa Fe.jpg

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
2 Replies
Highlighted

Ruffwear webmaster harness.  I also use the Alpine Outfitters ‘joring belt for hands-freeness.

Highlighted

@REI-ShannonO, the game changer for my pup has been the Ruffwear Swamp Cooler Dog Cooling Vest ! He loves the snow, so whenever the hot weather came around, he would get worn out really easily. Now, when I put this vest on, he is such a happy camper! I soak it before we set out on the trail, add a few drops from my water bottle as we hike along, and we are set for miles in the summer sun! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.