cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Kid Sized Traction Devices?

What's the smallest winter traction device you know of? Many of our previous adult adventures have been greatly aided by our MICROspikes when it got icy, and it would be great if we could share that surefooted-ness with our kid to get out more often. Seems like most brands smalls only go down to size 5 or so.

Our daughter is only 2, with toddler size 8 shoes, so I'm really not expecting there to be anything quite so small to use this season, just looking towards the future!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
Labels (1)
2 Replies

Circling back for anyone interested, further research has turned up only these, though I have not bought or tested them. Doesn't seem to be any information about what shoe sizes XXS and XS correspond to though. I'll probably be waiting until next season before I think about buying anything since this season is going to be done soon enough here in MN.

https://www.camp-usa.com/outdoor/product/brands/snowline/chainsen-kids/

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Thanks for the update, @TomV

Personally, I haven't seen any traction devices, outside of snowshoes, designed specifically for kids until you shared the link there. However, it does appear that STABILicers makes a version of their traction devices for kids, although I'm not sure if they produce them any more. I managed to find one website that made it look as though they had some in stock. You can take a look here.

Keep us posted on what you end up going with, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes