cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

New York City & Surrounding Area MULTI-DAY HIKERS/BACKPACKERS

I am looking to put together a group that would enjoy multi-day hikes and camping around the NYC area. I have done a few of these and really enjoy them. The most recent was Harriman State Park, from Suffern, NY to Bear Mountain. The trip took 4 days, including traveling in, hike out, and returning home. I enjoy these types of trips, sort of like a short pilgrimage. I'm good at setting up the logistics of travel, food and supplies needed, and deciding where we will camp, but I more than welcome others' input as well. 

-Cyrus
7 Replies

Hi @CyrusBlades - Thanks for reaching out! We love to hear that you're keen on some longer hikes and camping around the NYC area. 

We are hoping some of our members around the NYC area will chime in. @hikoo@nynjtc@Tenaflyrobin@njhiker - are any of you all looking for some a hiking/backpacking group or know of anyone else that is? 

Additionally, Meetup.com is a great resource to find people interested in the same activity as you. You can search based on activity or location and even see if there is a group that already exists that you can join. 

Thanks again for bringing this question to the community and we hope you're able to get out on some great hikes sooner than later. Stay warm during the big snow storm coming your way this week!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

I have been looking for something like this, I am definitely interested. My email address is <e-mail removed by moderator>.

New York City &amp; Surrounding Area MULTI-DAY HIKERS/BACKPACKERS

Hi @mevrard - It’s great to hear that meeting up for backpacking trips is of interest to you! You will see that we removed your email address to protect your privacy. We suggest direct messaging @CyrusBlades to exchange contact information. 

Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Good morning Carter,

How do I contact @CyrusBlades directly to send him my contact information?  I clicked his name but that doesn't seem to be it. Apologies, I'm new to the forum so still figuring it out.  

Thank you

0 Likes

Hi again - you can disregard the message I just sent you - i just figured it out .... Apologies for the back and forth.  Thank you and have a great day 😎

0 Likes

Hey @mevrard, nice to link up! I have an outdoors/travel page if you'd like to connect with me on IG @blades_outdoor_adventures feel free to contact me and check out the page! I have a ton of cool REI gear on there to give you an idea of the equipment you would need for a trip like this.

-Cyrus
0 Likes

Good morning - I live in Southern CT and I'm very interested in something like this.  I'm fairly new to hiking and have never done a multi-day trip but I'd love to.  I'll reach out separately with my contact deets.  Thank you.