cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

One day in Acadia

Hi, any suggestions for one day Acadia? We will be there in August. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Plan for more time in this very fine park, although one day is better than nothing.  You can easily spend a day just rock climbing, although I realize the possibility that rock climbing may not be your favorite activity..

Seriously, you can easily spend half a day in the visitor center.  i would recommend a full day in the park after that when you have picked your favorite activity.

I always emphasize the VC because it is specifically designed to orient the visitor to the park's highlights and important resources.  You will be greeted by a smiling, friendly, empathetic NPS ranger (almost always) who will have good answers to all your questions...

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Cadillac mountain has really spectacular views and your can drive most of the way up.  Also, there is an island a short way out from shore that you can only hike to at low tide, hike around it for a while, then head back.  I don't remember the name of it unfortunately, but I'm sure they can point you to it at the visitor center as @hikermor suggested.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes