cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Non-Bear Lake Corridor Family Hikes in Rocky Mountain National Park

Hey folks - first post here - I promise I looked around at previous posts to see if anyone has asked similar questions.

We’ve got a small group going to Estes Park and RMNP next month and we’re hoping to take some decent day-hikes. We want to keep it fairly easy - we’re all in fair shape, but a few folks are not frequent hikers, and we’re coming from Kansas City, so we’ll be struggling with the altitude!

The timed park entry for the Bear Lake Rd. Corridor went pretty quick, but I was able to get entry reservations to all other parts of the park every morning of our stay. Any favorite day-hikes in the area? A couple folks have mentioned specifically wanting to check out some of the waterfall hikes.

I was able to get Bear Lake Rd. Corridor entry most afternoons - so, if you all have any favorite hikes in that area (I hear Dream Lake is a favorite), feel free to share those, as well!

Thanks!

3 Replies
Spoiler

The Wild Basin area is a 30 minute drive south of Estes Park and has some great waterfalls and hikes. 

Get outdoors, stay safe, and happy trails!
Todd the Hiker
0 Likes

@SeanR tagging @Miraclegro2 for suggestions!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I agree

0 Likes