cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Joshua Tree Camping/Lodging

Hello!

I'm embarking on a national park tour in the next few weeks and will be stopping in Joshua Tree late April. Any favorite camping spots/lodging in the area? I'm open to camping/glamping/homes. I plan to be there for two nights.

Thank you!

5 Replies

They are all pretty good.....

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Hi @Argenbri - Thanks for reaching out! Joshua Tree in April sounds like an amazing plan! 

Campsites reservations at national parks have been selling out very quickly this season, so within the park you might be limited by that factor. For Joshua Tree, campsites are mostly either along the main road, Park Blvd, or a bit more removed.

Jumbo Rocks and Hidden Valley are great options along the main road and White Tank is a great campsite that is a little bit farther off the beaten path. They are all, of course, incredibly beautiful. 

Another great resource that has a lot of unique accommodations/campsites in the area is Hipcamp. Take a look at those options and see if anything looks appealing.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thank you for your input!

0 Likes

Hello @Argenbri!

I have stayed at two places to go to Joshua Tree. The first time we stayed at the Best Western hotel on 29 Palms Blvd in Joshua Tree for 5 days. It was great to have a place to stay that was very close by so we could go in, day hike, then come back for a mid day refresh in the pool, then go back to the Park to see another section. Our family of 5 got to see every aspect of the park and still remember that vacation to this day.

We also stayed for one night in an eclectic AirBnB called 'The Whole' — a compound of vintage airstream trailers in Yucca Valley. The compound itself seemed like a living work of art with it's avant garde pool and jacuzzi and various sections (like a boat the owner towed out there and turned into a hang out spot). 

If you are a pizza fan, Pie For The People is THE SPOT to enjoy a slice and in the courtyard behind it you'll find a coffee roaster (Joshua Tree Coffee Company) with a strong espresso to keep you on the move in the park!

I hope you have an awesome time and look forward to seeing some photos!

Thanks,

Wendell

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thanks, Wendell! Really appreciate the input.

I'm curious about The Whole... I'll be looking into it. And I will be sure to check out Pie for the People and JT Coffee Company - pizza and coffee, what could be better?

Thanks again!

0 Likes