cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

It's National Parks Week! How many national parks have you visited?

National Parks Week is April 17 - 25th!

Join the National Parks Foundation in celebrating some of the incredible landscapes and outdoor experiences found in our National Parks. If you're planning a trip to a national park, check out these ways to Recreate Responsibly and use the hashtag #findyourpark when sharing on social media. Additionally, if you're looking for a new way to experience a National Park, REI Adventures is currently offering 20% off selected trips!

featured_apr21_NPS-week.png

How many National Parks have you visited?

If you had to choose a favorite, which would you choose?

What National Park is at the top of your bucket list to visit?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
12 Replies

Glacier, Yellowstone, Mammoth Cave, Acadia, Smokey Mountain, Grand Teton, Wind Cave, Badlands, & Yosemite.  Glacier is my favorite. I need to get to Zion.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

@Diesseldorf 

Zion is very high on my list, too!

better question: how many bears did you see while doing all that! Wow!

Enough that I've flat lost track.  Doesn't help that I've visited some of them before they became parks!

Retired medical technologist and engineer
REI member since 1978
Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

me too! its fun to watch these little parks glow up into national parks!

Got to review references:

Arches, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Carlsbad Caverns, Channel Islands, Crater Lake, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Great Basin, Great Sand Dunes, Guadalupe Mountains, Hawaii Volcanoes, Joshua Tree, Kings Canyon, Lassen Volcanic, Mount Rainier, Olympic, Petrified Forest, Pinnacles, Redwood, Rocky Mountain, Saguaro, Sequoia, Wind Cave, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion

Favorite: Yosemite. I have walked all over the park including from north to south. I have been in the park in all seasons. I have been in the park in bad weather. I've climbed a double handful of mountains in the park.

Still want: Big Bend

This is such an amazing post! I can't wait to see all of the answers. These are already lots of fun. 

@Hikes_in_Rain - It's always so exciting when an area's status gets updated. I remember being so happy when White Sands became a national park versus a national monument. The latest New River Gorge NP has the climber in me thrilled too!

@SolaceEasy - I'm glad to see that Big Bend is on your wish-list! It's truly astounding! Just last week I got a photo from my brother of the cacti in bloom there. It reminded me of the one you posted in the signs of spring post!

A list of national monuments, memorials, preserves, and National wildlife refugees would easily include 100 more.

I've never made a list, but I have a list for peaks, birds and Wilderness Areas. OCD? 

I have visited most of the parks in the lower 48 and am starting to go to some two, three or more times! I am learning that its more about taking the time to ENJOY each park, not just check them off your list. they are all so different. We have a beautiful nation to share.