cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Glacier National Park in June - suggestions?

I am going to Glacier National Park in June for the first time and looking for suggestions of hiking trails for this time of the season when there is still snow in some parts of the park. 

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Love to hear about your trip.  My husband and I are planning a trip to GNP in 2023.    Have a great time. 

0 Likes

@Keweinberg you might read through some of the posts on this similar thread about Glacier! Sounds like Glacier is @Diesseldorf's favorite... 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

There will be snow in parts of the park, there really can be any time of year, but some areas will be significant if it is early June.  While they try to open all entrances by memorial day, right now only lake MacDonald (west) entrance is open.  Going to the sun is always popular if the road is open, if not there is a trail you can go by that traverses most of it.  Get a trail map and plan your hikes with help from the visitor center, you can't go wrong with any of them!  The most open, scenic areas are by the lake.  Rent or buy some bear spray and make sure you are noisy on the trails.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes