cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are currently experiencing issues with logging in and staying logged in, most often with Chrome, We're sorry and are working hard on resolution.
Highlighted

Georgia/NC Hiker planning Gallatin hike in Yellowstone

If anyone is traveling to or hiking around N. Georgia or W. North Carolina and needs trip suggestions, don’t hesitate to ask. I’ve car camped, kid camped and experienced Appalachia in 40+ mile trips. I’m planning a first time trip to Yellowstone to explore 43 miles of Gallatin Skyline. Never been in Grizzly country, Wyoming or Montana. I’d appreciate anyone’s advice on mid-August gear or clothing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted

Michael, I moved to Upstate South Carolina about a year ago, and I've been trying to explore the area in my free time.  I've hiked as far north as Black Balsam Knob in NC and as far west as Tallulah Gorge in GA.  What's your favorite day hike in the region?  Thanks in advance! 

(By the way, I've never been to Yellowstone--always wanted to go--but if you're ever looking for tips on hiking/camping in the Southern California mountains, I know a little; lived there for 10 years.)

0 Likes