cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hiking Group in Los Angeles

Hi there!

I live in the Los Angeles area and I was wondering if you can recommend a good hiking group. I love long strenuous hikes, at least 10 - 12 miles. I belong to a group right now but most of the people in the group doesn’t want to do a long hike. I am interested in either finding a group that does these types of hikes or finding a hiking partner. I am a woman (in my mid 50’s but very fit) and I don’t mind having a male hiking partner. I know there are meet up groups but most of those groups seem to have a different purpose. I just want to do long hikes and find a group or an individual who likes to do the same thing. Thanks in advance for your help. 

7 Replies

Once the pandemic has cleared you'd be welcome to hike with us, LA Trail Hikers.  We cover a range of difficulties, including peaks and other treks.  I've been doing 7-12 mile segments of the Backbone Trail this year, usually with 1-5 others.

If possible, I would also like to join for potential hiking opportunities.  I live in the south bay and am looking for others to hike with.  Thanks.

Sure.  How should I contact you?

0 Likes

Im in the same situation as you, I think we should join Bobs group for some of their longer hikes.

what do you think ?

@jldejesus7 - I'm looking for the same thing! I'm a woman in my early 40s... Most of my friends can't do someone of that length and the different groups (like LA Trail Hikers) seem to have postponed everything post covid.  But I'm happy to hike with a mask on. Let me know if you found anything or interested in scheduling something!  

Sure.  How shall I contact you?

0 Likes

@bobhikes and @AH999 - It's great to see you all have found potential hiking partners! We suggest using the direct messaging feature to exchange contact information so it is not public. 

Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.