cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Fall/Winter/Spring Overlanding in SoCal

Hello! First year here during fall/winter/spring in Los Angeles. Any recommneded spots/areas for overlanding near Los Angeles-Souther California area. I appreciate the time. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hi @Carlos1970 - It's exciting to hear you're overlanding in SoCal this year! I have spent time doing the same around LA — as well as inland and up the California coast — and really enjoyed it. 

If you don't have it already, the iOverlander app is a great resource for seeing suggestions from other overlanders who have already been through the area you are in. I often would pick out bigger highlights/destinations, then use that app to fill in the gaps (and those gaps were as wonderful as the planned excitement was!). 

Big Bear Lake is a really impressive area that isn't too far from Los Angeles, but also has a completely different feel from the beaches and coast. The Big Bear Discovery Center usually has Motor Vehicle Use Maps that will be a great resource for showing you what options are, while allowing you to pick and choose at your own pace!

Hopefully this is helpful. Have fun in the months ahead!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes