cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Hiking in Vegas

I’ve lived in Vegas for two years now and have been very pleasantly surprised by the number of outdoor options nearby... it is much more than the strip. I read an article recently that said in 2018 the Red Rock Canyon national conservation area (25 minutes from my house) received more visitors than Bryce Canyon and other well known national parks. 

Anyway, I’ve been exploring as often as possible and have found some favorite trails, especially in Red Rock and up around Mt. Charleston. These have included the Upper Bristlecone Pine-Bonanza-No Name loop in Lee Canyon, Catherdral Rock in Kyle Canyon, Raintree + Fletcher Peak, and Turtlehead Peak in Red Rock.

Does anyone else have some favorites to share in the area? 

Labels (3)
11 Replies

@Alien702 - And those areas are?

aka "Boonerelli"

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Lake Mead Area Nevada and Arizona side off the beaten path ...I just pull over and walk throughout the desert..But some places with names are Bowl of Fire, Pinto Valley, Gold Butte Area, Lil Finland, Petroglyph Wash, Bridge Canyon Wilderness, of course Valley of Fire..Mojave National Preserve.. Cima Dome, Woods Wash, Cow Cove, FT. Piute

0 Likes
Join the community
Other boards in this category