cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

What’s up Maryland!

Hey everyone!

I am a day hiker, casual kayaker, and surfer from Maryland. I only recently fell in love with being outdoors; spending my time day hiking around the DMV area. 

I’m looking to advance my outdoor knowledge & skills; specifically ones for backpacking and car camping. I’m excited to learn & explore!

2 Replies

Welcome to the forum, @Schmidty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Welcome to the community @Schmidty

You have certainly found yourself in a great spot to ask all of your questions about backpacking and car camping. Community members here have a vast amount of knowledge in those areas and are great (and fun!) resources to learn from.

We suggest taking a look around the different activity boards, see what conversations are already happening, and start a new one with any questions you have! The DC Area board is also popular with people sharing good locations to hike, camp, and backpack, as well as meetup with other folks looking to go out on the same sort of ventures. 

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We're happy to have you here!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.