cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Wanderer from Canada

• Retired system software developer living in Ontario about 75 miles west of Toronto.
• Have been enjoying many outdoors activities since the 1960s.
• Favorite activities: Hiking year-round as well as snowshoeing in the winter.
• Favorite places: Austrian Alps, Rockies and White Mountains.
• Also: Hiked in Canada (in many areas from coast to coast to coast), the US as well as too many European countries to list.
• Favorite activity when younger [and my back could take it]: Backpacked in northern Canada, including a traverse of Baffin Island north of the Arctic Circle.
• Most frustrating activity: Trying to learn German.
• Participated in: Canadian Outward Bound Wilderness School courses in Canada including canoeing and winter camping.
• Member: REI and MEC [the Canadian version] for many years.
• Favorite gear: Hiking boots that fit well and are comfortable [currently Lowa Renegades.]

...Wanderer

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
2 Replies

@Wanderer Thanks for the intro!

When I started with REI (a mere 14 years ago) I worked in the footwear department fitting shoes and boots. It makes my heart happy when people talk about how important good fit is in their footwear. Your adventure is only as long as your feet last!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

It hard to enjoy the outdoors when you're grimacing in pain with every step you take. 

...Wanderer

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.