cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

This Community Format

Hi everyone, I just want to say that I'm happy that this community is in this format rather than within an existing social media platform such as Facebook. The problem with those platforms is that they often bring additional outside influences to everyone's interaction. For example, when you link with someone within those social media communities, it often results in bleed over of topics political, religious, etcetera, that people have other interactions with in their profile. With this format I'm hopeful that we won't have to deal with so much of that kind of background noise, and just keep the focus about our mutual love of all things outdoors.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@flooderic and @Ralph thank you both for these posts! @REI-JohnJ and I are two of the moderators for this community and we are committed to keeping the community on-topic (about the outdoors), positive and welcoming for all. We'll do our best, and please reach out if you have any concerns!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
2 Replies

Flooderic, I just joined and yours is the first post I have read, I agree and I am hopeful as well!😊

@flooderic and @Ralph thank you both for these posts! @REI-JohnJ and I are two of the moderators for this community and we are committed to keeping the community on-topic (about the outdoors), positive and welcoming for all. We'll do our best, and please reach out if you have any concerns!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.