cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

New to forum from NC

I have been an REI member for years, but only now joining the forum. I live to be outdoors discovering, observing, hiking, running, fly fishing, foraging, camping, and hunting.

3 Replies

Hi, I live in NC too and love the outdoors, have you been on any backpacking trips down here?

0 Likes

I haven’t camped in years. The only backpacking I’ve done are day trips up native trout streams (“blue lines”) to fly fish. We carry everything in and out.

(I occasionally keep some saltwater fish to eat, but catch and release all freshwater fish.)

Hi @Rubicon18 - Welcome to the community! 

It's great to hear about all of those activities you love doing. You have definitely found yourself in a great spot to share your stories and expertise, as well as ask any questions you have. If you haven't already, we suggest taking a look at the Hiking, Running, and Camping boards, as well as the Fishing Enthusiasts group! There are also individual North Carolina boards for the Asheville, Charlotte, Greensboro, and Raleigh-Durham areas, so depending on where you are, that may be a great spot for you to connect with more folks in your area who are also passionate about the outdoors. 

I grew up in the South (LA and TX) and always loved my time spent in North Carolina. For fishing and kayaking, the Nantahala River left me with some amazing memories. Do you have any trips planned for this summer that you're especially looking forward to?

We're happy to have you here in the community. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes