cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Moved from west to east coast

Hi. 

Had never been to the upper East Coast area before we moved here last year. Moving cross country during a pandemic has made it hard to make connections and meet people. My family has spent moat of our lives in Portland, OR and Boise, ID. We love Central PA and the people. We are in the middle of a bus conversion

@riiivvetbus@@ see like exploring. We hike and camp with our 2 dogs and have road bikes. I am learning to ride my bike differently here with no bike lanes and car drivers not being used to sharing the road with bikes. I am hoping to find some groups opening up in my area before long to meet people.

1 Reply

@West2East welcome to our online community! I moved in the opposite direction - East Coast to the PNW - many years ago and it was hard even then - can only imagine how much harder the pandemic has made that transition. Hopefully you are able to make a few connections here in our online community (maybe on the Central PA board) that may lead to more in-person opportunities.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.