cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Jeepers and Overlanders

2CD62062-AD2C-4DBA-8024-1C0C4FE45DD6.jpeg

Looking to connect with other local Jeepers and other overlanders in New England to do trail rides with and to camp with. I have a 2015 Wrangler with a rooftop tent and some other fun gadgets. I live in Beverly, Massachusetts and my Jeep and I have been 41 states so far and a few you Canadian provinces. Always looking for tips and better ways to overland. Please say hello! I can be found on most social media, my handle is @leightonoc (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.) Happy Trails! 

Jeeper & Overlander
FB, IG, YouTube & Twitter / @leightonoc
4 Replies

@leighton hey, and welcome to our online community - so glad you took the time to join and introduce yourself! It's great to know we have an overland expert to tap when others have questions - and we'd love to see more pictures from your adventures!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

5062E3CA-8020-4A61-B30F-5C2F141BC753.jpeg

FAB4E40F-4A0F-41CB-B941-2B927AF43CF7.jpeg

1567721C-13F9-45A9-8C5F-A2A789F6735F.jpeg

6D418D0A-4A8E-44EB-8810-8E1BFBF57A1B.jpeg

21C2B8F6-596E-41E1-8639-97996F621C29.jpeg

BC99CBE5-ED73-45AC-A0CF-FFAD9F6A5D91.jpeg

91AC95FF-3CF0-4D72-A607-E8D4F094D253.jpeg

Thank you! I have tons of photos. Let me know if you want to see more. LOL

Jeeper & Overlander
FB, IG, YouTube & Twitter / @leightonoc

Hey @leighton welcome to the community! My name is Matthew and I live on the border of Southern Maine and New Hampshire. It's great to see other overlanders in the community. I myself started out with a blue 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wj) with the 4.0l 6 cylinder two years ago. It was an old suv with 264,000 miles and I used it to go all sorts of places around Maine. In the beginning of this year, I sold it and bought a gray 2 owner 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wj) with the 4.7l v8 in much better condition with less miles. Throughout my ownership I've used them to camp, go up rough roads fishing, and have some fun off-roading (especially since I live on a dirt road.) I've spent the last 5 years exploring the woods of Northern Maine and some places in New Hampshire with either a Toyota Tundra or my Jeep. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Maine, but up by the Moosehead lake area there all kinds of great dirt roads with campsites along the way. I often head up to that area in early spring (when there's mud) and late fall (when it's snowing) to camp and just drive around. 

Nice wrangler, I really like how you customized it, and those pictures are awesome. I may customize my Jeep soon but not sure what I would want. I've been leaving it how I got it, as I've been focused on Criminal Justice classes I take at a local community college and I like to do all my car work myself. 

Happy Jeeping

Hi @leighton and @matt2001 !  Didn't want you 2 to feel all alone.  I am also an avid off-roader.  I've had a 4WD vehicle of one sort or another since I first got my driver's license.  '74 Jeep Cherokee with 360 V8; '78 Dodge Power Wagon with 360 V8; '87, '97, 2000 Jeep Cherokees; '93 Jeep Wrangler; and my current 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara.  All have had some sort of modifications, and all has been done by myself.  I've participated in several Camp Jeep and Jeep Jamboree events over the years, as well as local off-roading.  

Unfortunately, Where I live in Maryland, the off-roading and overlanding options are severely limited.  Wish I was a little further north so I could join you guys on an overlanding trip!

Tread Lightly!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.