cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Introduction: Hello from ScienceHiker (PA area)

Your ScienceHiker seeks to be of service.  I am a volunteer trail-builder with the Jolly Rovers Trail Crew, which specializes in stone-stairway construction.  I have laid my markers on the AT at Bear Mountain, the Shawangunks at Sam's Point, and Breakneck pass in the Hudson Highlands.  I also serve as a Trail Steward for Natural Lands Trust in the Philadelphia area.  I am a ScienceHiker and I brake for interesting rock samples and natural ephemera along the trail.  My favorite hikes are the Perpendicular Trail (Acadia National Park), the High Divide Trail (Olympic National Park), the Mt. Sheridan Summit Trail (Yellowstone National Park), the Static Divide Trail (Grand Teton National Park), and . . . last but not least . . . . the AT in mid-May near Pine Grove Furnace, Pennsylvania (the long pink tunnel created by the profusion of Mountain Laurel blooms).  The backdrop for my photo is Oeschinensee Lake above Kandersteg, Switzerland.  I hope to meet you on a trail soon!

ScienceHikerScienceHiker at Oeschinensee Lake near Kandersteg, SwitzerlandScienceHiker at Oeschinensee Lake near Kandersteg, Switzerland

1 Reply

@ScienceHiker what an amazing introduction! Welcome to our community - thanks for joining! We look forward to all the amazing information you'll be able to share (and hopefully learn too)!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes