cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Introducing SoCal Robert

Hi everyone.  I reside in the Los Angeles area, and have been an REI member since dinosaurs roamed the Earth (okay, mid-1970s to be more exact). I hiked a lot in the 70s and 80s, and have returned to the trail over the last 8 years.  Anything within 2 hours of LAX is up for grabs for day hikes, but most of my hiking occurs in the Santa Monica Mountains, Palos Verdes Peninsula and Angeles National Forest.  I walk every day and try to hike at least twice a week, unless trail maintenance and repair activities conflict. On a difficulty scale of 1-10 my sweet spot is the 6-10 range, but as a hike lead for LA Trail Hikers I do all sorts of adventures, including afternoon hikes with free evening performances of Shakespeare in the summer & 2-3 day hiking road trips to Sequoia, Mammoth, Red Rocks, etc.  After all, I can toss in a 2nd or 3rd trail after strolling with friends who are less capable; it's all about being outdoors to me.  Anxious for the pandemic to pass so group hiking can resume, but have taken advantage by exploring and revisiting sparsely populated secondary trails.  My gear always travels with me around the world, as I can always find adventure somewhere.

0 Likes
2 Replies

@bobhikes thanks for joining our online community, for introducing yourself, and for already engaging on a bunch of different threads! We're happy to have you here, and look forward to all you'll be able to share and hopefully learn from this space!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

hello Robert, 

Im not too far from y, I live in the Corona area> nice to see some ol So. Cal folks here.