cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Introducing myself MIA

Hello! My name is Andrea. I live on the eastern coast and I enjoy scuba diving in The Keys! I love the mountains and try to hike as much as I can when I go out to the West Coast. The Everglades is nice, but lots of mosquitos. 

3 Replies

Hi @Andreaperezpower - Welcome to the community!

Scuba diving in The Keys sounds incredible! There are others here who also enjoy doing the sport. @brandonkcowart6@speakerpdal@MSDT74@hikermor - have y'all ever gone diving on the east coast? Or do you have any great location recommendations to share? 

We hope that you find some fun conversations to join in on here. The hiking, watersports, and Florida boards might be a good place to share your stories, expertise or questions with others! You might also enjoy @Philreedshikes trip report from his kayak/canoe venture in the Everglades earlier this summer — safe to say he probably agrees with you on the mosquito situation!

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We're happy to have you here!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hello Andrea, I am alo from Massachusetts and I'm new to these types of communal chat rooms. I can't say I will be on here often as I don't even use any of the usual social media platforms. I did however see your post and thought I would say hi. My name is Michael Devlin and I'm planning my first thru walk of the Applachian Trail in 2022. I'm starting in February from Georgia and figure I'll finish by September in Maine. Maybe I'll see you on the trail when I come through our neck of the woods...lol. ok, nice to meet you and if you ever need a partner for an adventure I am always willing to try anything so keep me in mind. You can email me at;

<e-mails removed by moderator>

Ok, have fun out there.

0 Likes

Hi @Mjdevlin73 - It's great to see you've made this connection!

You will see that we have removed your e-mail addresses to protect your privacy. We suggest connecting with others via direct message to share contact information. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be happy to answer them. Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes