cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hiking grandma in SoCal

Since I have been posting here for a few weeks, I thought I'd better introduce myself. I am hikingmema-a grandma who loves hiking and anything outdoors. I hike, camp (not so much anymore), stargaze, geocache, and learn about the geology and history of the place I am visiting. I have an 8th grade Girl Scout Troop that does a lot of these things with me. I live in Southern California between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles.

6 Replies

Welcome @HikingMema!

Thanks for introducing yourself! If you can narrow it down to one (or a couple), what's your favorite place that you've visited and learned about?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

I have been to so many great places across the U.S. But one fairly local place I really enjoyed was Sequoia/Kings Canyon. They had a bit of everything. There are tall mountains, deep canyons, giant sequoia trees, caves, lakes and amazing dark skies. We went during the Dark Sky Festival a few years ago and hope to go again in September. 

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the club!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Welcome Hiking Mema,

Keep posting. Maybe add a pic. Conversations is a great platform to talk with other outdoors folks. I'll be watching for your posts.

Hi! Welcome... I'm new here as well... I live about 71 road miles north of Seattle, Wa. PNW. I make outdoor videos and do a lot of photography as well.