cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

HI from the Rocky Mountains

Hi. My Name is Tony and I live in the the heart of the Rocky Mountains. I live Minutes from Arapahoe Ski area, Keystone Ski area, Breckenridge Ski area and Cooper Mountain Ski area. Vail Mountain is right down the street. I am surrounded by Hiking and World class Fishing. It is the outdoors persons heaven.

14 Replies

Good to meet you

0 Likes

Hi @Miraclegro2 - I am also an avid fly fisher in the Colorado mountains. What are your favorite areas to fish?

Up here, I love floating and fishing the Colorado from my drift boat, as well as fishing the Eagle from the Wolcott - Eagle area. I also love the Rio and Frying Pan. My true passion is high-alpine though.

I'd love to hear your favorite spots!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I usually fish the Blue below Dillon Dam. Or on my days off I go to the Colorado by Pumphouse. I'd like to try High Alpine and get away from the crowds.

Sharing favorite spots is tricky, isn’t it?  We love them, and want others to experience the joy we have there.  But if we share them they can become more used and are no longer our favorite.  When I first started climbing 14ers I would often see no one, but now they can be a conga line all the way to the summit.  I only rarely climb them anymore, and never via the main trail.

I have some trails, summits, and fishing spots I recommend, but others I just keep in my pocket.  That applies to my high alpine lakes.  Sorry!😩😀. But the fishing on the Arkansas River off CR371 north of Buena Vista is fabulous!  Pocket water, drift boat, Tenkara, nymph and dry are all really cool.  Browns and rainbows.  I’ve had many double digit days of no barb catch&release (not required, though).  Even caught a Yeti travel mug that I still use!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Welcome to the community! I grew up in the mountains outside Boulder, CO (on the way to Estes Park). The Colorado Rockies are amazing!

www.brynsharpphotography.com

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.