cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hi everyone (from all over the place)!

Hi everyone, my name is Bryn. I am Colorado native who recently graduated college with a B.A. in Honors in Latin American Studies, Spanish & Portuguese. I am a NOLS Wilderness First Responder, and worked closely with Namuntu Trekking in Chile when I lived there. I love to travel, explore new places, and meet new people. I have lived in Chile and in various regions of the United States (CO, IL, AZ, MI, OR), and was set to live in Uruguay for 2020 under a Fulbright grant, but that has been pushed back a year. My home base is Tucson, AZ, but I am currently in Michigan sort of in limbo. 

My favorite outdoor activities include backpacking, hiking/trekking, rock climbing, camping, skiing/snow boarding, mountain biking, trail running, and kayaking. I am also an avid photographer (link to my website in my bio) who loves to capture everything in nature - from the teeny tiny to the gargantuan! My preferred images to take, however, are adventure, landscape, and sport. I prefer to do my outdoors activities in the back-country, but appreciate the shorter trips as well!

My favorite piece of gear would have to be this almost 40-year old backpacking backpack that my father had taken all over Europe and then handed down to me a few years ago for my year in Chile. Despite its age it still holds strong, and has been with me through many adventures. It's funny to think that this pack has seen more of the world than I have!

My favorite places to get outside would have to be Patagonia and the Andes mountain range (South America), the Pacific Northwest, and the Southwestern United States. Dream places to travel include Sweden, New Zealand, Canada, and Europe.

Super excited to be part of this community of outdoor enthusiasts!

www.brynsharpphotography.com
4 Replies

@bryndsharp welcome, welcome! So glad you joined the community and introduced yourself! You've had such a cool journey thus far - don't be surprised if we tag you in some future posts for help with your vast experience and expertise!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

@bryndsharp 

We wanted to let you know that we recently launched a new All Locations landing page and added a lot of new boards for the many places people have lived and recreated – we’d love if you were able to share pictures of these places or suggest specific locations to get outside. Any and all places you have experience with! Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

@REI-JohnJ that's awesome! I will for sure check it out and contribute however I can. Thank you all for your continued work to improve and expand this incredible community.

www.brynsharpphotography.com

Hello, Bryn! Great to have you with us.